Welcome to the Home page of the WordPress Theme and Plugin for Toastmaster Clubs.
This Theme and plugin are being created in conversation with the District 91 team and using available Toastmasters Guidelines.
The creation of this theme started when John, who had been in Toastmasters for 9 months, took over the role of VP PR for Epsom Speakers and found a website in a bit of a mess using a theme without support and updates and some bad looking code.
He decided we could do better and started the project with WPRIG as the starting theme, and code from Appcetera Events Plugin ad the starting plugin. Following interest from other local clubs and encouragement from the District team the project is now offered to all District 91 and 71 clubs in UK English and is future-proofed for future translation for other districts around the world.
In a simple outline, the theme gives multiple designs as set out in Toastmaster International guidelines and adds the post type for Events to be created.
These are the current aims of development.
- Keep within Toastmasters Guidelines for colour, logos, fonts as much as is possible without any additional licence costs
- Add features to allow reasonable flexibility for clubs layout.
e.g. Sidebar widgets, shortcodes
- Work with other providers for integration to reduce workload.
e.g. Sharing events data with Meetup, Eventbrite, easyspeak etc. without any additional licence costs.
- Implement a premium page editor when numbers of club using allow a competitive price.
- Be made ready for translation and move to multilingual setup
- Work within a multisite installation to allow the stacking of sites for better efficiency.
- Work well and look good on mobile
- Work towards a possible mobile style app
A demonstration site can be found on https://toastmasters.appcetera.co.uk/
Toastmasters can also contact for a login and password.